You’ve probably seen road sweepers multiple times when going to work in the early hours. Road sweepers mostly work in the mornings, cleaning dust and debris from public roads. However, lately, commercial property owners have started hiring road sweepers to maintain their own access roads and private roadways. Today, we are talking about reasons why you might hire a road sweeper and how to do it.
Why Hire a Road Sweeper?
You might want to hire a road sweeper ifyou want to keep your car parks, runways, site roads, driveways and other access roads, both public and commercial, dirt-free. These machines easily capture dust and dirt using air and water. Learn more about different types of road sweepers and how they work in the section below.
How Does a Road Sweeper Work?
Different kinds of road sweepers (conventional, vacuum/suction, mulching fan, clean fan suction, and are generative air sweeper) operate differently.
· Conventional road sweeper: comes with a set of water jets, 2 spinning brushes at the front, and acylindrical brush, all of which are designed to scrub the dirt away (this in turn gets transferred into a storage container). It best works with large surfaces with dust and debris buildups.
· Vacuum sweeper: deliversdifferent levels of suction power, which could be great if you need to clean different types of surfaces. Alternatively, you can use a multi-purpose road sweeper, to which attachments such as snow ploughs and mower blades can be aded.
· Clean fan suction sweeper: works best with hazardous materials and compresses them using air and water.
· Regenerative air sweeper: most suitable for surfaces that contain lots of holes and cracks. This machine uses air to soften dirt, then traps it in the rear and sprays water over it to prevent it from escaping. Meanwhile the air is filtered and re-used on the nextsection.
Additional Factors to Consider Before Hiring a RoadSweeper
1. The Type of Paving Surface
A road sweeper can be used for cleaning asphalt, concrete and rubber surfaces. Before hiring a machine like this,understand the unique requirements for the type of surface you want to clean orconsult a road sweeper hire company to figure out the best cleaning plan together.
2. Your Cleaning Requirements
How often do you think you are going to usea road sweeper? What is the type of debris the machine is going to deal with?How much debris is there to be cleaned on daily basis?
How Fast Can a Road Sweeper Go?
Most road sweepers can go between 3 and 7mph, while the latest, more advanced models can go at 60mph.
By hiring a road sweeper, you’ll be able to maintain your working area, get rid of dirt and debris, and make the environment in which your employees work more pleasant. If you are interested in road sweeper hire, Total Line Marking can help! With us, you can hire a road sweeper long-term (minimum 1 year for a mini road sweeper) or before and after you carry out the work. Contact us today and hire one of our sweepers ready for any cleaning task.